The program’s overall objective is to train professionals and researchers in the field of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. We provide our students with knowledge of areas directly related to clinical practice and of the most recent technological and scientific innovations related to these fields. Those completing this program will represent professionals that are prepared to effectively work in clinical environments, educational and research institutions, and companies related to the Orthodontics field. In short, the program develops trained professionals with a versatile profile and who value the role of research, as well as technical and scientific advances in relation to teaching and professional practice.
The specific objectives of this program are:
- to develop students’ technical competence and ability to diagnose and then perform preventive, interceptive, and corrective treatments of malocclusions and craniofacial disharmonies;
- to update students’ knowledge with respect to the most recent innovations in technical aspects and orthodontic materials;
- to develop students’ entrepreneurial profile by bringing together their knowledge of business management, technical and scientific knowledge;
- to develop students’ competence and ability to fulfill functions related to teaching, supervision of students, and conducting scientific research; and
- to develop students’ competence and ability to work as part of multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teams.