1- Dental Research Lab II (Molecular Biology, Microbiology, and Immunology)
* Checkerboard DNA-DNA Hybridization;
* Cloning and sequencing of the 16S rRNA gene;
* RNA-oligonucleotide quantification technique (ROQT);
* Real Time PCR for microbial diagnosis;
* Real Time PCR for gene expression;
* Multiplex assay for multiple protein analysis (MAGPIX® System);
* Multispecies biofilm in vitro and ex vivo (anaerobiosis chamber);
2- Cell Culture Room
* The Cell Culture room is equipped with an automatic laminar flow, an automatic cell counter (Countless), a centrifuge for Eppendorfs and a CO2 chamber, which allows tests to be carried out to evaluate the cytotoxicity of dental materials and evaluate of anti-inflammatory activity of possible new therapeutic agents for periodontitis and peri-implantitis.
3- Dental Research Lab I
* Preparation of samples for scanning and transmission electron microscopy;
* Testing of dental microhardness and dental materials;
* Surface roughness test;
* Microtensile bond strength test;
* Test of bond strength by microshearing;
* Artificial caries test;
* Analysis of materials by FTIR spectroscopy;
* Aging method and challenge by thermomechanical cycling
* Preparation of extracts of natural products using rotary evaporator
4- Laser Center
* Area for conducting research with the Lasers of Er,Cr:YSGG and Diode (Waterlase iPLus Pearl White).
5- Histology and Immunohistochemistry Laboratory
Laboratory equipped with microtome and materials / reagents used for histological and immunohistochemical analysis by decalcified and non-decalcified sections, carried out in studies in the areas of Periodontics and Implantology.
6- Animal facility with surgical center for small animals
Used for the development of studies in the areas of Periodontics and Implantology, with a capacity for accommodating approximately 100 animals, mice and/or rats.